Monday, 9 November 2015

2º Bachillerato C. Speaking Unit 1.

SPEAKING SESSION. UNIT 1.

In this session you are going to talk about the following statements and express your opinion. Here you have the statements:

1 Smokers should be allowed to smoke in public places.
2 In the past people lived healthier lives.
3 Fast-food restaurants should be forced to sell healthier food.
4 It's healthier to be a vegetarian.

Now I want you to give me your opinion and some reasons for these statements. Follow these instructions:

- Prepare an opinion and a reason for each statement. I will ask you two out of four so... Be ready!

- Make use of some of the following useful expressions:
  • In my opinion...
  • If you ask me...
  • I think / I believe...
  • As far as I am concerned...
  • Personally...
  • It seems to me that...
- Try to use some connector of cause and result.
  • Connectors of cause: Because of / As a result of / Due to
  • Connectors of result: Consequently / Therefore / So